Sender:Ian Wood
Date/Time:2005-Mar-31 22:28:20
Subject:Re: PTGui - Eqirectangular Tiff Output - DPI Question

PanoTools: Re: PTGui - Eqirectangular Tiff Output - DPI Question Ian Wood 2005-Mar-31 22:28:20
As a ROUGH guide, 300ppi can hold enough detail that you can view it
from 12" (300mm) and the print will be as detailed as the eye can see,
200ppi will hold enough for viewing from 18" (450mm), 150ppi from 24"
(600mm).

So your 6900 pixel image could be printed 46" (1170mm) @ 150ppi, but
you wouldn't want to look at it from too close...

I hope to add some of this stuff to the wiki next week.

Ian