Sender:Simon Minshall
Date/Time:2005-Oct-27 21:24:29
Subject:Re: Re: dynamic range and noise (yet again)

PanoTools: Re: Re: dynamic range and noise (yet again) Simon Minshall 2005-Oct-27 21:24:29
On 27-Oct-05, at 12:36 , Erik Krause wrote:

> On Thursday, October 27, 2005 at 10:29, Simon Minshall wrote:
>

>> THe other thing is that frame averaging will reduce random noise but
>> will increase fixed pattern noise.
>>

> Certainly not. The average of always the same value is the same
> value. However, you can use the technique to determine fixed pattern
> noise in order to subtract it later...

Thanks for the clarification. My thinking was that averaging may make
the FPN more apparent. Erik, in your experience/opinion is 8 frames
enough to achieve the desired result?

Simon

http://us.click.yahoo.com/cd_AJB/QnQLAA/TtwFAA/.Cr1lB/TM