Sender:Bernhard Vogl
Date/Time:2006-Feb-23 23:38:20
Subject:Re: Re: monopod

PanoTools: Re: Re: monopod Bernhard Vogl 2006-Feb-23 23:38:20
Hello Michael

Smartblend will blend seams of overlapping images. This means that the
pixel is chosen depending on the fitness with its respective neighbours.
e.g. to have a seamless image feature going from one part to the other.
The blending process from bracketed images will choose the pixel value
from 2 "identical" images and the value that is not too dark or blown
out, will be chosen. This is a elementary difference.

Besides Eriks probosal, you may want to take a look at the "Highlight &
Shadow Details"-function of Photomatix which can be seen as the analogy
to smartblend for HDR-purposes...

Best regards
Bernhard