Sender:michael crane
Date/Time:2006-Feb-24 15:32:08
Subject:Re: Re: monopod

PanoTools: Re: Re: monopod michael crane 2006-Feb-24 15:32:08
>> As somebody mentioned, I try to see what happens if I try to combine
>> bracketed pictures taken on a monopod.with smartblend.
>> how do you use smartblend ?
>> I type
>> "smartblend -o out.tif one.tif two.tiff"
>> it seems to output unchanged [by colour] one.tif
>
> What do you want to achieve by that? If you intend to contrast blend
> your
> images: there are easier ways to do that:
> http://wiki.panotools.org/?title=Contrast_Blending

Doing contrast blending using photoshop is very time consuming, because
of this I have not yet made a "blended" exposure from the  bracketed
exposures using photoshop.
I guess that is the thing to do.
I have made 2 equirectangular pictures from 2 of the bracketed exposures
and then combined these in photoshop but I find that the blending is not
identical so I have to fiddle with masks to make the final one look ok.
Sometimes I use a .bat file to run "convert" on the bracketed exposures
but this is not always successful.
If it is windy especially the bracketed exposures on the monopod do not
line up so I was looking for a painless way to blend the bracketed
expoures before stitching.

thanks

regards

michael crane