Sender:Yuval Levy
Date/Time:2006-May-30 17:41:24
Subject:Re: Stitching ultra large panoramas

PanoTools: Re: Stitching ultra large panoramas Yuval Levy 2006-May-30 17:41:24
Max Lyons wrote:
> 1. Depth of field.

<snip/>

> The more gigapixels you want to create, the longer the focal length you'll
> need.  And, the shallower the DOF becomes.

Rik Littlefield posted a solution to this specific problem:
<http://www.janrik.net/ptools/ExtendedFocusPano12/index.html>

Theoretically that's it. Practically it will compound on all the other
mentioned issues.

the motorized head (or the photographer) will need to control focus for
different images as well. I wonder how precisely this can be done and
how tolerant the stitching software is of slight focus errors.

the quantity of image grows by a significant factor, and thus the
time/light problem is exacerbated.

Yuv

http://us.click.yahoo.com/97bhrC/LGxNAA/yQLSAA/.Cr1lB/TM