Sender:Roger D. Williams
Date/Time:2006-Jun-21 09:08:00
Subject:Re: Blending Large Overlaps

PanoTools: Re: Blending Large Overlaps Roger D. Williams 2006-Jun-21 09:08:00
On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 15:09:50 +0900, Geraldine Joffre
<#removed#> wrote:

> I don't have the impression that you tried the most used exposure
> blending function of Photomatix named "H&S - Auto". People like it
> precisely because it gives results that look natural. Moreover, it is
> more convenient for panographers than tonemapping because it does not
> require to stitch differently exposed panos. You only need to stitch
> the images resulting from combining the bracketed shots in Photomatix.

Geraldine, having lost the use of the camera I was intending to use with
Photomatix I cannot try out the program's functions yet, but can you tell
me if there is any way that Photomatix copes automatically with the slight
differences that can arise between bracketed exposures? With moving crowds
there are of course slight but real differences between the images. I
was wondering how these differences are coped with between the two or
three images that are combined to form the final tone-mapped image.

I have enough problems removing people who straddle stitches in my
panoramas that I wonder if Photomatix addresses this problem at least
semiautomatically, as PTgui and other stitching programs do...

Roger W.

--
Work: www.adex-japan.com, Play: www.usefilm.com/member/roger

http://us.click.yahoo.com/2pRQfA/bOaOAA/yQLSAA/.Cr1lB/TM