Sender:Geraldine Joffre
Date/Time:2006-Jun-22 14:53:14
Subject:Re: Blending Large Overlaps

PanoTools: Re: Blending Large Overlaps Geraldine Joffre 2006-Jun-22 14:53:14
--- In #removed#, Pat Swovelin <Panoramas@...> wrote:
> >     With moving crowds
> >     there are of course slight but real differences between the
images.
>     Correct. Those differences will create "ghosting" in the final
blended
>     or tone mapped image with the current version of Photomatix.
>

> Can you use TIFs (or PSDs) with alpha masks to mask the people you
don't
> want to see?  Then when Photomatrix did it's magic you'd have fewer/no
> ghosts in the final output.

Do you mean masking out a moving person in all bracketed shots except
one, so that Photomatix takes only the information of that one shot
for the person? This may work OK with the exposure blending
functions (which is what I recommended Roger to try), but will require
some handling in Photomatix if you want to create an HDR image from
the retouched bracketed shots.

However, the main issue is when the zone of movements requires more
than one exposure to be exposed correctly (rather likely for an HDR
scene) as the information from just one shot for the zone will then be
insufficient.

Geraldine

http://us.click.yahoo.com/2pRQfA/bOaOAA/yQLSAA/.Cr1lB/TM