Sender:Geraldine Joffre
Date/Time:2006-Jun-21 19:00:19
Subject:Re: Blending Large Overlaps

PanoTools: Re: Blending Large Overlaps Geraldine Joffre 2006-Jun-21 19:00:19
--- In #removed#, "Roger D. Williams" <roger@...> wrote:
> Geraldine, having lost the use of the camera I was intending to use with
> Photomatix I cannot try out the program's functions yet, but can you
tell
> me if there is any way that Photomatix copes automatically with the
slight
> differences that can arise between bracketed exposures?
Not yet.

> With moving crowds
> there are of course slight but real differences between the images.
Correct. Those differences will create "ghosting" in the final blended
or tone mapped image with the current version of Photomatix.

> was wondering how these differences are coped with between the two or
> three images that are combined to form the final tone-mapped image.
There are not coped with yet, but will in the near future as we are
working on an automatic ghosting removal function in order to address
this issue of moving crowds or other moving elements.

> I have enough problems removing people who straddle stitches in my
> panoramas that I wonder if Photomatix addresses this problem at least
> semiautomatically, as PTgui and other stitching programs do...
We wish to offer a fully automatic tool for this because most of the
users of Photomatix are not as advanced as panographers are, and
would not be patient enough to learn how to do that semiautomatically.

Geraldine

http://us.click.yahoo.com/6pRQfA/fOaOAA/yQLSAA/.Cr1lB/TM