Sender:Richard Moore
Date/Time:2000-Sep-12 04:20:56
Subject:Re: PanoTools 2.1

proj-imim: Re: PanoTools 2.1 Richard Moore 2000-Sep-12 04:20:56
I've been anxious to give PT Picker a try and so downloaded PanoTools
2.1
as well as the JRE (1.2.2) for Linux. I followed Sun's (incomplete)
installation
instructions and additional instructions found in the Enterprise Java
HOWTO
to install the JRE (the HOWTO describes installing the full JDK but I
think
it's applicable to the JRE).

When I try running ptpicker, I get the following error messages:

1. Could not load library pano12
I got this in spite of the fact that libpano12.so is in /usr/lib and
/usr/lib is in $LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

2. Font specified in font.properties not found
[--symbol-medium-r-normal--*-%d-*-*-p-*-adobe-fontspecific]
This error message is printed out a couple of dozen times. I suspect
it's not critical, however.

3. After the application comes up and I try to create and save a project
file I got the following:
Exception occurred during event dispatching:
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: CCreateProject
        at ptutils.createProject(ptutils.java)
        at ptpicker.actionPerformed(ptpicker.java)
        at java.awt.MenuItem.processActionEvent(MenuItem.java:497)
        at java.awt.MenuItem.processEvent(MenuItem.java:461)
        at
java.awt.MenuComponent.dispatchEventImpl(MenuComponent.java:265)
        at java.awt.MenuComponent.dispatchEvent(MenuComponent.java:255)
        at
java.awt.MenuComponent.dispatchEventImpl(MenuComponent.java:267)
        at java.awt.MenuComponent.dispatchEvent(MenuComponent.java:255)
        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEvent(EventDispatchThread.java:97)
        at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:88)

I tried running some Java benchmark programs (no AWT) and they ran OK.
Are there
any Java experts reading this who might know what's causing these
problems? I
appreciate any help I can get.

 -- Richard Moore