Sender:Helmut Dersch
Date/Time:2000-Sep-12 11:20:21
Subject:Re: PanoTools 2.1

proj-imim: Re: PanoTools 2.1 Helmut Dersch 2000-Sep-12 11:20:21
Richard Moore wrote:

> When I try running ptpicker, I get the following error messages:
>
> 1. Could not load library pano12
> I got this in spite of the fact that libpano12.so is in /usr/lib and
> /usr/lib is in $LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
>
> 2. Font specified in font.properties not found
> [--symbol-medium-r-normal--*-%d-*-*-p-*-adobe-fontspecific]
> This error message is printed out a couple of dozen times. I suspect
> it's not critical, however.
>
> 3. After the application comes up and I try to create and save a project
> file I got the following:
> Exception occurred during event dispatching:
> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: CCreateProject

PTPicker uses the java native interface (jni) which supports
linking of java code to native libraries. None of the Sun examples
uses jni so it will not show up by testing these. 'CCreateProject'
is a native function in libpano12.so, and the java error is a consequence
of not finding the library.

May I suggest to test the standalone program 'PTStitcher' or one
of the other programs with one of the examples from my website.
They all use the same library 'libpano12.so', and if they don't
run, the error is due to not being able to access it. It may be
that the library is not compatible among different linux-versions,
any help from Linux experts is appreciated.

Btw: You may get one error message in the console window
'Unable to load libpano12.lib.so' which you can ignore.
The library has different names on Mac/Win/Linux, and PTPicker
attempts to load them all. Although the corresponding error
message is suppressed in the java code, it nevertheless
shows up in the Linux version.

Helmut Dersch