Sender:Yuval Levy
Date/Time:2006-May-25 21:40:38
Subject:Re: PanoTools Funding Options

PanoTools: Re: PanoTools Funding Options Yuval Levy 2006-May-25 21:40:38
I am fed up of this PanoTools.info stuff and I would love to follow
Kevin's lead and move on to more interesting topics. I've had so much
fun with Photomatix in the last days, and I have found out that the
latest BreezeBrowser integrates PTLens, so maybe there is an alternative
to Adobe Raw Converter for an efficient pre-processing (RAW-conversion +
CA and Vignetting correction).

But I must agree with Roger: the tone of some postings to this
Panotools.info topic has become inappropriate and unacceptable. Just
flushing it below the carpet is not a solution. The issues need to be
addressed.

Why can't Panotools.info be like the rest of the panorama related
software, knowledge and hardware regularly presented to and discussed on
this list? FREE CHOICE.

IMHO it is *legitimate* for everybody, including Spikowski, to ask for
support. It is also legitimate for everbody to offer advice, ressources,
donations, whatever.

What I find *unacceptable* is when people of different opinion are
dismissed as "whiners" and people who offer sensible advice are called
"people who have plenty to say but nothing to contribute".

The rules of respectful behaviour should apply to everybody. *Enough is
enough*. Others have been publicly repirmanded and then banned from this
list for much lesser offences. I think Spikowski has gone over the top
and it is time for the list admins to warn him *publicly*, the same way
they have warned Bazzer and others before.

We should not tolerate disrespectful comments. We should not tolerate
the "rinse, repeat" cycle. We should not tolerate special treatement for
anybody.

Why should Jon be exempt of simple principles that apply to all other
listmembers?

This is a vibrant community and worthwile projects do find the necessary
support. I think of the Pano2QTVR translation effort to which I
participated in the last two weeks with so many fine people. I don't
think that this Panotools.info discussion will split the community, but
accepting disrespectful behaviour and cutting off dissenting opinion
definitely will.

Let the community discuss the issues. Let us agree, together, what
appropriate behaviour is and what behaviour is unacceptable. Let the
admin warn publicly those exhibiting such behaviour, and ban them if
they do not get it that such behaviour is unacceptable.

And then let us continue to agree and disagree, happily ever after, over
cameras, lenses, techniques, software, hardware etc.

Yuv

http://us.click.yahoo.com/.7bhrC/MGxNAA/yQLSAA/.Cr1lB/TM