Sender:tflyfish2002
Date/Time:2007-Mar-06 02:11:17
Subject:Re: Blending question when shooting outdoors - 20D Sigma, Fisheye, PTgui

PanoTools NG: Re: Blending question when shooting outdoors - 20D Sigma, Fisheye, PTgui tflyfish2002 2007-Mar-06 02:11:17
Rick,
There is nothing wrong with this lens or the camera, I produced plenty
of pano's using this very combination.  Why the HDR fetish?  Dark
shadows are what we see when your eyes are looking at a bright light,
it's not until you focus on the shadows that you really see them.
IMHO tone mapping is usually gives unnatural looking result.  Try
Jooks action to brighten the shadows if you must, Russell Brown has a
pretty good method as well.
Using your camera lens combo and PTGui you should easily get some
great pano's.  Look at the WIKI for the various tutorials.

bazzer

--- In #removed#, "Rick Drew" <rick@...> wrote:

> It's the f4 version.  Perhaps in a year or so I'll pop for a newer
camera
> and Fisheye, but right now I'm "stuck" with the f4 Sigma fisheye and
Canon

http://us.click.yahoo.com/4It09A/fOaOAA/yQLSAA/gWFolB/TM