Sender:Hoyle Koontz
Date/Time:2007-Mar-06 04:39:46
Subject:RE: Blending question when shooting outdoors - 20D Sigma, Fisheye, PTgui

PanoTools NG: RE: Blending question when shooting outdoors - 20D Sigma, Fisheye, PTgui Hoyle Koontz 2007-Mar-06 04:39:46
Rick - this is a guess without having a peak at the images, but the Sigma f4
suffers from greater flare issues than it's sharper, more flare-resistant
f3.5 version.  Perhaps the Frisbee is some sort of flare caused from the
sunlight reflecting off of the snow into the lens from below.  This is of
course a guess, but I highly recommend picking up the newer f3.5 version.

Here's a shot, similar to the shot you described, from Snowshoe, WV that I
shot last week:  http://www.technipix.com/clients/Snowshoe/Slopes.html.
Fullscreen found here:
http://www.technipix.com/clients/Snowshoe/Slopes_full.html.  Don't have the
EXIF data right now, but I can get it if you're interested.  This is a
single exposure shot with the f3.5 Sigma 8mm.  Tweaked a bit in Photoshop.

Best,

Hoyle Koontz

  _____