Sender:neugierigru
Date/Time:2004-Nov-26 15:14:04
Subject:Re: My attempt to eliminate vignetting effect

PanoTools: Re: My attempt to eliminate vignetting effect neugierigru 2004-Nov-26 15:14:04

--- In #removed#, "smensch01" <#removed#> wrote:
> Valeriy, why do you do the levels adjustment before vignetting? I
> don't know if the other way round would be any good, but is there a
> specific reason for this order?
>
> I haven't tried you technique yet, but does it work well with 360°
> panoramas? I had some problems with PanoTools adjustments when it
> comes to 360°. By the way, is it normal, that PanoTools can't adjust
> 360° images, or did I do something wrong? Opposite of the anchor
> image, there is always a huge difference between the images coming
> from the left and right.

Levels before vignetting is done because in photoshop method levels
can be measured directly using the described procedure but the
vignetting cannot. Vignetting is minimized visually so you need to
prepare levels-unified images before. Imagine you try to minimize
vignetting visually before levels adjustment - you will get the edge
of one image over the some internal area of another and this two
images are differ by levels - and there are many this edge-to-
internal places over the panorama. Task just cannot be done this way.

What about 360° panoramas - do you mean huge brightness difference or
control points goes misplaced? In case this is brightness - nothing
can be done with it because this is just the huge difference in
exposure needed for different parts of panorama. Try to make shots
using the exposure which lets you to eliminate overexposure even for
the most bright parts of panorama - and you will see that the darkest
are way dark.

Best regards,
Valeriy Mikheew.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/.Cr1lB/TM