Sender:neugierigru
Date/Time:2004-Nov-26 15:22:55
Subject:Re: My attempt to eliminate vignetting effect

PanoTools: Re: My attempt to eliminate vignetting effect neugierigru 2004-Nov-26 15:22:55

--- In #removed#, "Erik Krause" <#removed#>
> There is one danger with adjusting image brigtness: You need an
> anchor image, from where the amount of adjustments adds up with
each
> image you move away from that anchor. This quickly leads to colors
or
> brightness way off at the ends of a large pano.
>
> I have currently no idea how to avoid this - especially if you have
> multi row panoramas. For single row I usually use a gradient that
> goes from white to black across the whole image as a mask for a
> linked adjustment layer.

I think it is possible to find the brightest image in panorama and
then use it as anchor image. All others will be more and more dark -
but this is what it is in nature :-) Or alternatively one can try to
use the most information from every image and "equalize" them in
brightness using the in-process generated gradient layer - it is
possible to recreate the needed data from the images histograms. This
is what you do - and it can be done automatically too, I hope.

I could try to write software based on this ideas but I am not so
good programmer and it could take much less time for some advanced
programmer.

Best regards,
Valeriy Mikheew.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/.Cr1lB/TM