Sender:Timo Schnitzlein
Date/Time:2007-Apr-12 12:34:22
Subject:Re: Automated spherical pano head

PanoTools NG: Re: Automated spherical pano head Timo Schnitzlein 2007-Apr-12 12:34:22
That's what I had feared. I don't have the budget for a Roundshot, and
I don't need to be as fast as the Seitz camera.

I would like to use a run-of-the-mill DSLR like one of the Nikons, and
control it using the same controller that would also drive the pano
head (emulating camera control functions of "Nikon Camera Control").
If the system is reasonably accurate and repeatable, then stitching
could be performed semi-automatically in PTGUI using some pre-written
template. This would mean automated panos for a fraction of the price
of a Seitz, and it would break the limitation of only being able to
shoot cylindrical panos.

Any more ideas?