Sender:Mark D. Fink
Date/Time:2007-Apr-12 15:41:43
Subject:RE: Re: Automated spherical pano head

PanoTools NG: RE: Re: Automated spherical pano head Mark D. Fink 2007-Apr-12 15:41:43
Hi Timo,

Yes, you can zoom into a region of a spherical pano. The question is,
how far in do you want to zoom? What level of detail are you trying to
show. For example, as Bj?pointed out, if a 6000x3000 pixel panorama
is sufficient, that can be made with a six megapixel camera and a
fisheye lens in as few as four shots. Under those conditions, you
certainly don’t need a motorized automated system. If you are looking
for much higher resolution, such as 20,904x10,452 (see a downloadable
example here - http://northernlight.net/wwp/) then an automated solution
might be what you are looking for.

You have to balance how much you will earn from the project against how
many panos you have to take, and how much time you will save using an
automated system. If you are willing to spend a little more time
shooting, then a multi-row head will save you a LOT of money.
http://wiki.panotools.org/Heads has a listing of several options (mine,
the Pinnacle VR, is at the bottom of the list).

Mark

www.pinnacle-vr.com <http://www.pinnacle-vr.com/>

www.northernlight.net <http://www.northernlight.net/>