Sender:Viktor Balogh
Date/Time:2007-Dec-30 03:53:11
Subject:Re: New hardware testing on PTgui performance

PanoTools NG: Re: New hardware testing on PTgui performance Viktor Balogh 2007-Dec-30 03:53:11
> As can be seen, at a variety of project sizes, using the Raptors as
> JBOD is much faster than in RAID0. I think an obvious next question
> to ask is whether my RAID controller card is functional or not,
> because this goes completely against conventional wisdom. I used the
> popular HDtach software to test out all of my disks. It seems to
> confirm that my RAID array was working properly.

Hmm, interesting. But AFAIK the performance of a RAID0 array
largely depends on the stripe size the controller uses,
which depends on the file sizes the disks should handle.

For example I have a very old RAID controller which
supports only max 64k stripe size, and it slows down everything,
as my HDs are much faster than the controller.

<http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic1596.html>

Best Regards
 and Happy Holidays,

Viktor