Sender:Helmut Dersch
Date/Time:2008-Jan-02 21:26:25
Subject:Re: New hardware testing on PTgui performance

PanoTools NG: Re: New hardware testing on PTgui performance Helmut Dersch 2008-Jan-02 21:26:25
--- In #removed#, Pablo dAngelo <pablo.dangelo@...>
wrote:

> The next speed improvment would be to optimize the coordinate transform
> stack. Since more than 50% of the time during remapping is spend in
cos()
> and sin(), I wanted to rewrite the transform stack to use 3d vectors to
> represent the ray of sight instead of using spherical coordinates. I
suspect
> this will be much faster, however, I didn't have the time to start
working
> on this, as I'm (slowly) preparing the next hugin release.

Hi Pablo,

Using 3d-vectors for the remap-stack is one of several
features I have added. It avoids a couple of trig-functions,
especially if remapping  from/to rectilinear.  Even more speed was
gained by vectorizing the stack & interpolators, and pipelining the
interpolators. I hope  the float math is accurate enough for
the largest gigapixel-panos.

Regards

Helmut Dersch

<*> Nabble (Web) http://www.nabble.com/PanoToolsNG-f15658.html