Sender:Pat Swovelin
Date/Time:2006-May-24 03:53:22
Subject:Re: Re: PanoTools Funding Options

PanoTools: Re: Re: PanoTools Funding Options Pat Swovelin 2006-May-24 03:53:22
Yuval Levy wrote:
> John Spikowski wrote:
>
>> If I'm not mistaken the IVRPA is a subscription based group.
>>

> If I recall correctly there was an offer in the air, at least
> unofficially, to host the Panotools.info ressources in the free area of
> IVRPA, accessible also to non-subscribers.
>
> I also think that Bert is making a very generous offer and that his
> donation should be considered seriously.
>
> There are other opportunities to optimize the budget as well. For
> example moving the domain panotools.info from the most expensive
> registrar on the block (Network Solutions, 35$/year) to the most
> effective one (GoDaddy.com, 10$/year).

NS currently has a special for $15/year but you have to ask for it.  I
found out when I was going to move my 1st domain to a different
registrar.  Call them up and check on it.  I did that last week so it
should still be in effect.

> I am confident that sharing more details about the needs and
> including/consulting the community in the analysis and decision making
> process will result in a smaller budget and a higher financial support
> than simply coming back to the community with a figure and asking to
> fill it.
>
> my two cents
> Yuv

Pat Swovelin