Sender:Rayburn Taylor
Date/Time:2007-Sep-18 00:24:29
Subject:Re: Re: question about pano heads

PanoTools NG: Re: Re: question about pano heads Rayburn Taylor 2007-Sep-18 00:24:29

Erik Krause wrote:

> On Monday, September 17, 2007 at 16:17, Rayburn Taylor wrote:
>
> > I have no idea how your post is relevant to my request for help. Thank
> > you, none the less. I understand that everyone in this group is
> involved
> > in an ongoing process. But, there seems to be a lot of answers given
> for
> > a number of questions.
>
> Rayburn, I guess Austin missed your irony. This might happen on an
> international list where not anyone shares the same sense of humor.
> (You might want to read http://wiki.panotools.org/User_Guidelines
> <http://wiki.panotools.org/User_Guidelines>)

Thank you, Erik, for your post. It was helpful. I'm guessing  the
following is one of the things you wanted me to see in the User
Guidelines:  "don't rely on the sense of humour"  - point taken, I just
did not want to type what I was really thinking. ;-)

Guide also says:
/"PanotoolsNG/ was set up to provide a home for open discussion of the
creation and display of panoramas, panoramic images and associated
technologies. Topics range from artistic appreciation and aims to
heavily technical discourses.

We have members with a wide range of experiences and the newcomer is
asked not to be intimidated by the level of some discussions. There is a
saying _"there is no such thing as a stupid question - just occasionally
stupid answers."_

> To your original question:
> > I am looking at the Angno "MrotatorPM8" or the "MrotatorA", but I am
> > unsure which one would be the best to get. My son-in-law has the
> > MrotatorA and it works great for him. But just do not know what the
> > difference is between the two; PM8 and A.
>
> >From the Agnos web page I read:
>
> "MrotatorPM8 Mrotator for FC-E8 Photographic head for realize
> spherical panoramas with Fisheye NIKON
> FC-E8 and the new Nikon Coolpix P5000"
> and
>
> "MrotatorA Mrotator for FC-E8 Photographic head for realize spherical
> panoramas with Fisheye NIKON FC-E8. It is compatible with all the
> Coolpix that get on FC-E8 converter"
>
> >From this I would deduce that the PM8 is in combination with the
> coolpix 5000 only whereas the A is for all other cameras that fit
> with the FC-E8. For a definite answer I suggest you contact them
> directly...

I have tried to contact them, but have not heard anything in over a week.

> More on pano heads:
> http://wiki.panotools.org/Heads <http://wiki.panotools.org/Heads>

I have read this page and many others on pano heads._

I also had a question about the Nodal Ninja pano head:

It seems so much easier to use one of the Angno head (MrotatorA) rather
than use the
Nodal Ninja. The Ninja works somewhat like the Panosaurus and is a lot
of trouble to set up; both in time and effort.
It is very difficult for me to believe that someone can set up a camera
with the Ninja in 15 seconds. It takes me that long to get the
Panosaurus out and unbox the Fisheye NIKON FC-E8 to put on the camera. I
guess I really need a few leasons in how to assemble all these parts.

Thank you,
Rayburn