Sender:dmgalpha
Date/Time:2007-Sep-20 05:46:57
Subject:Re: PTViewer Licensing Question

PanoTools NG: Re: PTViewer Licensing Question dmgalpha 2007-Sep-20 05:46:57
--- In #removed#, "Georgia Real Tours"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GPL_linking_exception
> >  > <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GPL_linking_exception>.
> >
> >  Hi Robert,
> >
> >  This linking exception does not apply in this case. This exception
> >  (and there are others) are additions to the license that make an
> >  explicit exception to the license. It only applies to Guile.
>
> Yes and no.  No in that it applies to more than Guile, but yes in the

Hi Robert,

After I replied to you I noticed I worded my message incorrectly.

What I meant to say is that the particular instance you cited applies
only to Guile. Yes, there are many others. For example, MySQL AB adds
an exception to its Mysql Client libraries license:

http://www.mysql.com/company/legal/licensing/foss-exception.html

It is not uncommon. I have found several similar instances.

--daniel