Sender:erik leeman
Date/Time:2008-Nov-01 09:33:16
Subject:Re: Some more tests on Optimal Cubefaces.

PanoTools NG: Re: Some more tests on Optimal Cubefaces. erik leeman 2008-Nov-01 09:33:16
--- In #removed#, "Hans Nyberg" <hans@...> wrote:
> Sorry you are right, I have exchanged them to CubicConverter movies.
>
> I have discovered that Pano2VR seems to have problems with downsizing.
> The 1904 is softer than the CubicConverter version.
>
> Hans

I think for a valid comparison you should do the scaling and
sharpening in Photoshop, carefully optimizing each set to the highest
possible quality attainable for that size. Now too much depends on the
perhaps less fortunate settings and limitations of those VR tools.

After finding what is technically possible with t.l.c. in Photoshop,
some experimentation is necessary to see if those VR tools can come
close to that, and how they need to be set up for the best possible
results.

Since I produce only a limited volume of panos I do all my scaling and
sharpening in Photoshop. For me it is worth the extra time and effort.

Erik Leeman

http://www.erikleeman.com/
http://flickr.com/photos/erik-nl/