Sender:Carl von Einem
Date/Time:2010-Feb-04 08:01:31
Subject:Re: 16bit Panotools Plugin for OS X?

PanoTools NG: Re: 16bit Panotools Plugin for OS X? Carl von Einem 2010-Feb-04 08:01:31
You need to provide more information about your current setup that
doesn't work with the Panotools plug-ins from kekus.com, did you move to
OS X 10.6? It seems that those plug-ins (as well as PTMac) are
completely Carbon-based and won't be available as Cocoa versions.

They still work for me: G5, OS X 10.4, Photoshop 11.0.1 (aka CS4)

Posted by: "bohonus"

> Are there currently any OS X versions of the PanoTools plug-ins
> working for 16bit files? The Kekus plug-ins I was using for a time
> stopped working some time ago. They also had issues working with
> larger images.

How large is large for you?
Maybe this has to do with a conceptual problem of Photoshop's plug-in
architecture: AFAIK you have to play with prefs -> RAM consumption
If you assign almost 100% of what Photoshop can actually use (which is a
joke) there's nothing left for plug-ins.
I often enough had to reduce to 25%, restart Photoshop, use the plug-in
and for the next steps (filters...) reassign about 70%, restart
Photoshop and ...sigh
Yeah, that "works" sort of.

> I am looking for the "correct" plug-in in particular. I need it
> for 16bit image corrections that are specific to the scanned
> panoramic images the Panoscan creates.

So you most probably want to use Shear from the Correct plug-in, right?
That can be done with hugin: Camera&Lens tab -> g and t parameters

Carl