Sender:panoramicsdk
Date/Time:2006-Feb-25 10:19:28
Subject:Re: Nikon D2X & Nikon (Nikor) 16mm AF Fisheye

PanoTools: Re: Nikon D2X & Nikon (Nikor) 16mm AF Fisheye panoramicsdk 2006-Feb-25 10:19:28
--- In #removed#, David Auner <david@...> wrote:

> >Does anyone use a Nikon D2X and the Nikon 16mm fisheye to shot panos? I'm
> >looking at upgrading my gear and like what I've read so far.
>
> Well, I have access to a D2X and love it. But instead of the 16mm I'd
> take the 10.5! On the D2X the 10.5 becomes a 15mm and you'll need 8
> shot (I do on my D100/10.5 setup). 6 around, one up, one down

How do you get to that conclusion,

ALL Digital Nikons use almost the same sensor size which means you get the same FOV
with the  10,5.

Most of them are  15.6x23.7
D2X is 15.7x23.7
Some of the older like D2H is 15.5x23.3

You can use 6 around on all. You can even use 5 if you want.

A tip if you want to avoid the bottom shot.
Take the 6 around at -10 This will leave only your bottom plate on the panoramahead.
If you have a head with the camera high up and a small rotator you get very little left at the
Nadir.
Even with the 10,5 on my Canon which has much smaller sensor and less FOV I can use -7
Of course you need a panohead which allows to take images at -10

Hans