Sender:David Auner
Date/Time:2006-Feb-25 10:52:09
Subject:Re: Re: Nikon D2X & Nikon (Nikor) 16mm AF Fisheye

PanoTools: Re: Re: Nikon D2X & Nikon (Nikor) 16mm AF Fisheye David Auner 2006-Feb-25 10:52:09
At 10:19 25.02.2006, you wrote:
> > Well, I have access to a D2X and love it. But instead of the 16mm I'd
> > take the 10.5! On the D2X the 10.5 becomes a 15mm and you'll need 8
> > shot (I do on my D100/10.5 setup). 6 around, one up, one down
>
>How do you get to that conclusion,
>
>ALL Digital Nikons use almost the same sensor
>size which means you get the same FOV
>with the  10,5.
>
>Most of them are  15.6x23.7
>D2X is 15.7x23.7
>Some of the older like D2H is 15.5x23.3

Yep, I know. But I like to have more overlap on
the shots around and the zenith, so I take my
shots around at 0°. With the Peleng I used before
I got the 10.5 I shot my level shots at +15^and
got away w/o the zenith. But that won't work with the 10.5.

>You can use 6 around on all. You can even use 5 if you want.

Same here, I like much overlap!

>A tip if you want to avoid the bottom shot.
>Take the 6 around at -10 This will leave only
>your bottom plate on the panoramahead.
>If you have a head with the camera high up and a
>small rotator you get very little left at the
>Nadir. Even with the 10,5 on my Canon which has
>much smaller sensor and less FOV I can use -7
>Of course you need a panohead which allows to take images at -10

See above. Overlap is your friend.

Best regards, Dave

David Auner

Filmproduktion

Assmayergasse 5-7/1/1
A-1120 Wien
Austria

gsm +43 664 11 27 481
e-mail #removed#
www http://www.auner.net

---<<| "I dream for a living." - Steven Spielberg |>>---