Sender:panoramicsdk
Date/Time:2006-Jul-05 17:16:24
Subject:Re: Linking pans

PanoTools: Re: Linking pans panoramicsdk 2006-Jul-05 17:16:24
--- In #removed#, "iankerrphotography" <photography@...> wrote:

> Hi everyone.  I have been watching and learning for 12 months or so,
> thank you to everyone for the valuable pieces of information which
> have enabled me to place a foot on the ladder of VR panoramic photography.
>
> I have been presented with a problem, which I do not recall seeing
> mentioned in posts, I hope someone can offer a solution:
>
> I have a series of 7 pans, the request is to link them so that the
> show opens on pan 1, a complete revolution is performed (maybe on
> autopilot but perhaps on manual), then we move straight into pan 2
> where we perform  the revolution and move straight into pan 3, and so
> on until the end of Pan 7 where we return to Pan 1.

Well you do not say anything about what system you are on so here is my advice.
I suppose this is for a slideshow for presentation offline.

1. If you do not own a Mac buy one.
2. Buy CubicNavigator from http://www.clickheredesign.com.au/
The slidshowe options it offers are unbeatable. Easy setup and you can even ad audio easy
to each VR.

Other solutions.
A simple one is just a series of html pages using the old and very simple refresh tag.
However as autopanning speed always depends on CPU speed the time for the change has
to be calibrated to your computer.

If you want a sofisticated solution you can program Spi-V combinated with the refresh tag.
You should be able to do individual programmed panning for each VR using the xml for
Spi.V

You can also use the new Immervision Pure Player http://www.immervision.com/
Check this slideshow by Yann LEROY
www.immo360.ca/mls1208036