Sender:Mark Banas (lists)
Date/Time:2006-Jul-07 00:26:11
Subject:Re: Re: Linking pans

PanoTools: Re: Re: Linking pans Mark Banas (lists) 2006-Jul-07 00:26:11
On Jul 6, 2006, at 4:08 PM, iankerrphotography wrote:

> I have a definite, proper brief, which has moved the goalposts.
>
> Online
> Full Screen
> 7 pan slideshow
> pans are currently QTVR .mov files, each approx 2MB.
> Show to start autopan at Pan 1, complete revolution, then move into
> Pan 2, complete revolution then move onto pan 3, etc until end of pan
> 7 when restart at Pan 1.
>
> I need a solution which will prefereably use QuickTime viewer.

Hi Ian,

Livestage Pro can create "wired" QuickTime VRs that will
automatically pan (or tilt) any specific amount and then, when they
reach their pre-programmed goal, load another QTVR into the same
player or webpage. You actually write a script (or use pre-made
"behaviors") to do this and it is compiled into the QuickTime file
itself. That way if the movie is viewed on a webpage or in a QT
player or off a CD it will always follow the same action and look for
the next QTVR to load. You can even get fancy and have it pause
automatically when the viewer clicks and drags in the scene, then
resume after a few idle seconds (or not). I am pretty sure that other
wired QuickTime authoring programs like VRhotwires can also do this
kind of embedded scripting, but I do know that this is fairly easy to
do in LiveStage Pro.

LiveStage Pro: http://www.totallyhip.com/
VRHotwires: http://www.vrhotwires.com/

-Mark