Sender:pepoloe
Date/Time:2008-Mar-05 21:23:28
Subject:Re: motorized panorama head

PanoTools NG: Re: motorized panorama head pepoloe 2008-Mar-05 21:23:28
Hi Phil,
seems we have similar background as far as hobby's goes. I do fly all
kind of RC models and develop some stuff in my spare time. People
using servos must have some RC background, this was my first idea too
as I started to develop my PanoBot.
But I gave up very early because I found too many reasons not using
servos. Even from the cost probably it makes no real difference as you
need real fat and high quality servos.
But we could discuss the pros and cons ... we may find some on both sides.
My new project is called GigaPanBot, it will support 2 motors and a
lot more, you will find out soon ...
I have developed a new controller, the software is being tested this
days with some test motors, as I'm still waiting to get the final
gears to build the mechanical parts.

<*> Nabble (Web) http://www.nabble.com/PanoToolsNG-f15658.html