Sender:Philip Warner
Date/Time:2008-Mar-06 03:15:05
Subject:Re: motorized panorama head

PanoTools NG: Re: motorized panorama head Philip Warner 2008-Mar-06 03:15:05
--- In #removed#, "pepoloe" <pepoloe@...> wrote:

> Hi Phil,
> seems we have similar background as far as hobby's goes. I do fly all
> kind of RC models and develop some stuff in my spare time. People
> using servos must have some RC background, this was my first idea too
> as I started to develop my PanoBot.

One of the first reasons I decided to build this was to take pictures
of the local flying fields for XTR Reflex flight sim.  I'm new to
creating 360 panos and when I get my new controller completed I'll add
programming for gigapans.

> But I gave up very early because I found too many reasons not using
> servos. Even from the cost probably it makes no real difference as you
> need real fat and high quality servos.
> But we could discuss the pros and cons ... we may find some on both
sides.

It looks like we're going in the same direction using different
components to get there.  I've always wanted to get into electronics
and this was a good place to start.

> My new project is called GigaPanBot, it will support 2 motors and a
> lot more, you will find out soon ...
> I have developed a new controller, the software is being tested this
> days with some test motors, as I'm still waiting to get the final
> gears to build the mechanical parts.

You've got be beat on the software side.  I need to learn how to get
the LCD working this weekend before I get into programming that can be
changed using a few buttons.

I like the screen you're using on the GigaPanBot and I was thinking of
using something like that on version 2.  I need to learn to walk
before I can run.  Our controllers are close in size too.  Mine  will
be a little smaller but I'm not using your cool, color LCD. :-)

Phil

<*> Nabble (Web) http://www.nabble.com/PanoToolsNG-f15658.html