Sender:erik_leeman
Date/Time:2011-Apr-26 10:33:31
Subject:Re: Tulips, a LOT of them!

PanoTools NG: Re: Tulips, a LOT of them! erik_leeman 2011-Apr-26 10:33:31
Hi Bostjan,

Contrary to popular belief this certainly is NOT what most of the Netherlands looks like in april. Can you believe I had to drive about 450km's criss cross through a small part of a very small country to find a landscape like this? A landscape not dominated by tall buildings, highways, industrial installations, power lines, or the edges of cities?
To make matters worse (some of) those cultivators use a particular plot of land only once in every six years for growing flowers, so most of what you see is grass (the cow-food variety) and other crops. A spot like this turned out to be quite rare indeed!

The panos I shot with the 50mm have a hFoV of 'merely' 180 degrees, and I used a tripod of about three meters in height, not my 8meter pole.
They are intended to be printed on a size of 3 by 1.5 meters. Three rows from my MkII and a printing resolution of 200dpi should yield those dimensions with ease I think. But to print those red tulips to really look red will most likely prove to be a challenge!

Erik Leeman

<http://www.flickr.com/photos/erik-nl/> <http://www.erikleeman.com/>