Sender:Peter Sale
Date/Time:2005-Mar-07 09:02:57
Subject:RE: Almost my first D70/Sigma 8mm panoramas

PanoTools: RE: Almost my first D70/Sigma 8mm panoramas Peter Sale 2005-Mar-07 09:02:57
The flash, an SB-800 set at 1/2 power, was attached to the hot shoe on my
D70, full wide angle, and pointed straight ahead and a bit up, towards the
ceiling.  A sample image can be viewed at www.petersale.com/temp_stuff/1.jpg
.

I suspect flash would not work well in a room filled with items that would
cast shadows or even in a larger room because as you might know, only the
"subject" that is a specific distance from the flash, say ten feet, is
correctly exposed. Everything closer then 10 feet would be a bit over
exposed and everything more than ten feet would be a bit under exposed.

I'm experimenting with shooting interiors very early in the morning, say
6:30 or 7:00 am or late in the afternoon, say, 4 or 4:30 pm, so that the
dynamic range between the interior and the exterior, as seen through the
windows, is not so great.  The problematic alternative involves shooting
multiple exposures of the same scene and blending them together to get
greater dynamic range.  I have not had a lot of luck with that technique so
far.

Regards/Peter

--
Flemming replied:
 Except for some problems at zenith  [and perhaps you could do with a

 Best regards

 Flemming