Sender:Erik Krause
Date/Time:2005-Mar-08 00:33:39
Subject:Re: Extended Dynamic Range

PanoTools: Re: Extended Dynamic Range Erik Krause 2005-Mar-08 00:33:39
On 7 Mar 2005 at 14:03, Peter Sale wrote:

> Spectacular results, but do I really need to shoot eight different exposures
> per image, for a total of 32 photos per panorama (I don't shoot nadir or
> zenith images)?

No, of course not. That's an example only. You simply have to try out
what f-stop difference you need for bracketing. Then you measure the
lightest and darkest spot of your pano and do some bracketing steps
in order to cover the dynamic range of your scene. Two or three steps
will be sufficient in most cases.

The blending actions can handle any amount of differently exposed
images up from two. Since the prinziple is to leave the source images
untouched in different layers and automatically create masks for
them, you have any opportunity to take influence on the result - from
simply adjusting layer opacity to totally change and edit the masks.

best regards
--
Erik Krause
Ressources, not only for panorama creation: