Sender:Erik Krause
Date/Time:2007-Jul-21 17:56:51
Subject:Re: Probably OT: HeliconFocus and Helicon Filter

PanoTools NG: Re: Probably OT: HeliconFocus and Helicon Filter Erik Krause 2007-Jul-21 17:56:51
On Saturday, July 21, 2007 at 16:54, Luca Vascon wrote:

> Hallo Erik...
> there was also another nice software...

Luca, currently no idea what you mean :-)

> erik leeman ha scritto:
> >
> > My apologies for this Off Topic question, but I hope some of you know
> > more about these tools and their suitability for high-res 16bit
> > composite (panorama) work. Reading about them I cannot help but think
> > they could be VERY useful, the $250,- pricetag for an unlimited license
> > tells me I'd better be VERY sure about that!

If you are after extended depth of field, there are other products
(including panotools!):
http://www.janrik.net/ptools/ExtendedFocusPano12/index.html

If you think about a denoiser, there certainly are cheaper and better
alternatives: http://wiki.panotools.org/Noise_Removal
and http://www.michaelalmond.com/Articles/noise.htm

best regards
--