Sender:panovrx
Date/Time:2007-Jul-25 00:02:01
Subject:Re: Probably OT: HeliconFocus and Helicon Filter

PanoTools NG: Re: Probably OT: HeliconFocus and Helicon Filter panovrx 2007-Jul-25 00:02:01
Re Helicon Filter ---
I bought this a little while back and use it a lot --- mostly because
it has very nice tools for selective color adjustment. Its "chromatic ab
aberration" tool is mediocre at present -  but in compensation it has a
very useful purple fringe reduction feature. Many of its effects have a
contour detection switch and color channel selectivity which is great
for sharpening, noise reduction etc.
Helicon Filter is similar in some ways to Raw Therapee, which latter if
it could just do batch conversion would be my raw processor of choice
these days I think. Raw Therapee has great contour aware sharpening and
halo reduction.

Peter

--- In #removed#, "erik leeman" <erik.leeman@...>