Sender:michel thoby
Date/Time:2007-Jul-21 18:57:43
Subject:Re: Re: Probably OT: HeliconFocus and Helicon Filter

PanoTools NG: Re: Re: Probably OT: HeliconFocus and Helicon Filter michel thoby 2007-Jul-21 18:57:43
Le 21 juil. 07 ?7:31, erik leeman a ?it :

> Maybe I should explain why I am interested in Helicon Focus.
> So I'd really like to know if someone in this group uses this tool for
> a comparable purpose and how it performs.
> Thanks,
>
> erik leeman

Erik,

I have tried both the two helicon software.

The helicon focus is very good and simple to use.
There is a short report of my test:
http://michel.thoby.free.fr/CuttySark/Essai_Helicon-Focus.html
Sorry, I didn't translate it from French... but it is illustrated and
you may click anyway on the images to view them full scale;-)

I have only tried the "Lateral CA correction" tool of the newest
Helicon Filter 4.70 beta 1 (21.06.2007) as I am currently comparing
the TCA correction performance of many such tools.
In this respect, it is one of the poorer performer from about the
dozen that I have tested so far.

Best regards,

Michel