Sender:gliksman
Date/Time:2000-Jul-15 17:17:10
Subject:Re: PTViewer 1.7

proj-imim: Re: PTViewer 1.7 gliksman 2000-Jul-15 17:17:10
Hi Caroling

You will need to provide the separated .class anyway, for netscape, so
you could provide the separated minimum .jar as well.
(Like said in the read me)

But this one doesn't seems to be in the "files" folder and i think we
should recompress the .class, but i don't know how (what tool ?) …

Anyway Caroling, the 1.6 .class was already 39 ko, the 1.71 .class is
now 41 ko, it is not a big deal …

And with the new features you don't need to reload the applets changing
panos, and that makes a big differences …

On line, i reload new panos in less than 30 seconds now, that's
impressive, instead of 1 minute or more for the first when loading
applet …

Regards

Denis

Caroling wrote:

> I haven't tried 1.7 yet. But I downloaded and noticed that
> the .jar is now almost twice the size. I know you have
> combined features into one .jar for convenience of
> programming and for people that need all the features. But
> it is now too big. All my panos just need the bug fixes,
> because they don't use the new features. I like a 15kb
> download much better than a 32kb download.
>
> Is there any way you could conditionalize the source code to
> provide two .jars?

Denis Gliksman
La Grange Numérique

Mail: #removed#