Sender:JD Smith
Date/Time:2007-Aug-03 00:39:23
Subject:Re: Processor Speedtest

PanoTools NG: Re: Processor Speedtest JD Smith 2007-Aug-03 00:39:23
On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 08:33:10 +0000, Hans Nyberg wrote:

> 3 more speedtests on Mac and Windows XP  on Mac
>
> 1.
> Model Name:	MacBook Pro 17"
> Model Identifier:	MacBookPro1,2
> Processor Name:	Intel Core Duo
> Processor Speed:	2.16 GHz
> Speedtest results PTGui 7.2
> 1st run 1.08

vs.

> Win XP run by Parallels on the same machine
> Memory set to 1064 mb
> PTGui 6.03
>
> 1st run 2.30

We heard recently from Roger Howard:

> I've noted - purely anecdotally at the moment - that PTGUI on the SAME
> hardware runs much faster under Windows than it does on Mac OSX. If
> needed
> I can provide actual performance data, but from my end it's so
> observable
> I just don't bother to gather the data.

This test seems to counter that claim.  Of course, it could be the memory
limits you've imposed, or the older version of PTGui on the Win side.
Does anyone have bootcamp with the same PTGui version under both OS's to
test?