Sender:Pat Swovelin
Date/Time:2007-Aug-04 00:21:31
Subject:Re: Re: Processor Speedtest

PanoTools NG: Re: Re: Processor Speedtest Pat Swovelin 2007-Aug-04 00:21:31
On 8/3/2007 2:46 PM, Roger Howard rambled on about ...:
> On Fri, August 3, 2007 7:23 am, Hans Nyberg wrote:
>> --- In #removed#, rogerhoward@... wrote:
>>
>>> Since I'm working from 8mm fisheyes, I must be using PanoTools
>>> warping right? PTGUI doesn't support 8mm natively, does it?
>> No you have 2 options
>> PTGui
>> and PTGui but use Panotools warping
>>
>> Big difference in time unless you use PTgui w fast transform
>
> Right... in any case, I used the same options on both Windows and OSX.
Exactly the point of the test, doing the same thing with the same images
on different machines and OSs.  And it's not a race to see who's machine
is fastest, it's merely to see how things compare across the platforms
and hardware we're all using.

OK, maybe I lied about the race part...      =8^)

Pat Swovelin
Cool Guy @ Large