Sender:Keith Davison
Date/Time:2005-Sep-19 15:28:57
Subject:Re: has anyone experience with gps?

PanoTools: Re: has anyone experience with gps? Keith Davison 2005-Sep-19 15:28:57
> My goal is to make building-object panoramas, or to make multiple
> panoramic shots over one year, that has to be taken in the same position
> with a 10-20cm. No possibility to let down signals and so on. And few
> founds to develope these researches... :-)

There's no way you'll get 20cm resolution with a consumer grade non-
differential GPS. Even using static averaging over time in an open
location with no multi-path, 2.5m - 3m is the best you will get.

We have an accuracy graph on our website for the Garmin GPSIII that we
have used for some time now :-

http://www.megalithics.com/1methods.htm

This is an old unit now, but none of the newer ones will be any better
until EGNOS kicks in full-time. It remains to be seen what effect EGNOS
will have on ultimate averaged positional accuracy as opposed to spot
measurements..

Keith Davison

MEGALITHICS - VR panoramas, images and information on megalithic sites in
the British Isles and Eire.
http://www.megalithics.com

http://us.click.yahoo.com/T8sf5C/tzNLAA/TtwFAA/.Cr1lB/TM