Sender:Roger Howard
Date/Time:2006-May-26 01:19:45
Subject:Re: New monopod panos

PanoTools: Re: New monopod panos Roger Howard 2006-May-26 01:19:45
On May 25, 2006, at 4:12 PM, Mark Banas (lists) wrote:
> Beautiful and surreal colors (but that's California for ya!). The
> "over the edge" effect is particularly nice at the bluffs - I have no
> fear of heights so I never get tired of that perspective...

It was a truly beautiful day, though I'm not ashamed to admit I
wasn't being shy with a saturation boost :)

> As for the tripod caps: (I just gotta... ;-) ) Maybe a closeup photo
> of your camera and lens like Rick Drew used here?:
> http://geoimages.berkeley.edu/wwp905/html/RichardCDrew.html
>
> Of course, in your case it would be viewed from the front (and maybe
> slightly above?). You can then take a remapped version of the rest of
> the pano and place it over the glass as a "reflection" of the scene.
> Might actually make it more interesting for people to wonder what
> kind of lens you have that looks back at itself!

Great idea! I'm gonna shoot my camera straight on (at the front of
the lens) and use this as a cap... should work great and further
confuse the viewer :)

http://us.click.yahoo.com/.7bhrC/MGxNAA/yQLSAA/.Cr1lB/TM