Sender:Kevin Creley
Date/Time:2006-May-26 20:20:39
Subject:FE lenses

PanoTools: FE lenses Kevin Creley 2006-May-26 20:20:39
While we are on the subject, I'd like to ask about choices of FE
lenses.  After frantic research the past couple of weeks and reading mails
in this group, it seems like I'll have to start using my "old" D70 for some
of my panoramic photography.  I've been experimenting with my Sigma 12-24,
but have not yet produced acceptable sharpness.  Seems like everyone is
either using the Sigma 8mm, Peleng 8mm or the Nikon 10,5 mm lens.  Is there
a consensus about which lens produces the sharpest image?  The Peleng is
quite a bit cheaper - is there a noticeable quality difference?  Is the
Nikon sharper than the Sigma?  It's tough to get a Sigma with a Nikon
mount, from what I understand.

Money is tight, as I just plunked down a huge amount on other photo
equipment, so my question is basically, will I be satisfied with the
Peleng, or should I go ahead and max out my credit card for the 10,5?

Yes, I will be printing, which is why sharpness is paramount.

Thanks!

http://us.click.yahoo.com/DHchtC/3FxNAA/yQLSAA/.Cr1lB/TM