Sender:panoramicsdk
Date/Time:2006-May-29 14:20:43
Subject:Re: 5D plus Sigma 12-24mm (was: New monopod panos)

PanoTools: Re: 5D plus Sigma 12-24mm (was: New monopod panos) panoramicsdk 2006-May-29 14:20:43
--- In #removed#, crane@... wrote:

> Hello,
> So if I get a 5d can I use my sigma EX 10-20 with it and get improved result
> over 20d ? Destructions say that it shouldn't be used on a full frame.

The Sigma 10-20 mm is like the Canon 10-22 for small sensor only.
However you can mount it on the 5D which you can not with the Canon.

At 10 mm you will be able to use 16x25mm which will give you something like 90-100
degrees but you get  guit a lot of vignetting.
And it does not fill the frame at 20mm either.
And the  resolution is of course less than  you get on the 20D.

Hans

http://us.click.yahoo.com/DHchtC/3FxNAA/yQLSAA/.Cr1lB/TM