Sender:Pat Swovelin
Date/Time:2007-Jul-30 17:44:14
Subject:Re: Re: processor upgrade

PanoTools NG: Re: Re: processor upgrade Pat Swovelin 2007-Jul-30 17:44:14
On 7/30/2007 3:30 AM, Milko Amorth rambled on about ...:
> Hi Roger,
>
>> I would be happy to test out the speed to see
>> how it compares against other systems when working with PTGui
>
> Excellent. Let's see who else is with us.....
>
> I assume you can do 4 circular fisheyes on a aps sensor size.
>
> C'mon people!

I'm in but by making the above assumption you're going about it the
wrong way.  Someone (that'd be you, Mildo) needs to shoot the images and
stitch them in PTGui, making a note of the time from when "Create
Panorama" is clicked until it finishes stitching.  Then those images and
.PTS files need to be ZIPed and uploaded your server for everyone else
who'll be testing their hardware to use.  That way everyone will be
stitching the same images and CPs using the same stitcher and blender
(it should be PTGui because everyone's got it and there won't be version
differences between Enblend/Smartblend installs on people's machines) so
the only difference to the final stitch time will be their hardware
(famous last words).

After uploading the ZIP you (as the original shooter and stitcher) will
post a message with a link to the file and stating your hardware and
stitch time.  Then when anyone else joins the test they'll reply to that
message with their hardware and stitch time and we'll all get a better
idea of the differences between hardware and stitch time.  If people
have PTGui and PTGui Pro they should run the test on both to test for
differences between the 2.  No matter what version they have it needs to
be noted in the reply message results (i.e., hardware, RAM, software
version, stitch time).

To make sure there's nothing hanging in memory everyone should reboot
their systems just before they run the test and they might run it 3
times (with a reboot between each one) to test for variances on their
machine.

Or not.

Oh, and you can count me in too.

> Cheers, Milko