Sender:Hans Nyberg
Date/Time:2007-Aug-04 15:35:04
Subject:Re: Processor Speedtest

PanoTools NG: Re: Processor Speedtest Hans Nyberg 2007-Aug-04 15:35:04
--- In #removed#, "erik leeman" <erik.leeman@...> wrote:

> I did some more runs to see if the results were reliable.
> Not very I'd say now. The spread is just to wide between runs with
> identical settings : (

Well  I just discovered what seems to be a bug in either panotools or PTGui Windows.
PTGui 7.2 Panotools from Joost and the fast pano12.dll from Jim Watters

Try this.
1. Stitch using PTgui but warp with panotools. no fast transform
2. Just book the use fast transform and stitch again without restarting PTgui
3. unbook fast transform and stitch without restarting PTGui
4. Save the last settings and close. open again and stitch.

You will see that the fast transform reduces time with around 30%  but it does not change
back to No fast transform before you save it and restart,

On Mac the fast  transform does not have any effect at all with panotools warping, only
with PTgui

Hans