Sender:Hans Nyberg
Date/Time:2007-Aug-03 18:13:02
Subject:Re: Processor Speedtest

PanoTools NG: Re: Processor Speedtest Hans Nyberg 2007-Aug-03 18:13:02
--- In #removed#, Bernhard Vogl <bvogl@...> wrote:

> Some further numbers to add:
> Talking about workflow: I re-tested using the internal PTGui stitcher as
> this is the one i mostly use with PTGui.
> As you can see, there are other more important factors than hardware to
> speed up rendering    ;-)
>
> So, here are the updated timings for the previously mentioned machines:
>
> First System (HP microtower):
>   PTGui Pro 7 Batch Render: 2:24
>   PTGui Pro 7 GUI: 2:24
>   PTGui Pro 7 GUI (using PTGui warper, Lanczos interpolator): 2:53
>   PTGui Pro 7 GUI (using PTGui warper, Lanczos interpolator, fast
> transform): 1:02
>
> Second System (Acer laptop):
>
>   PTGui Pro 7 Batch Render: 2:16
>   PTGui Pro 7 GUI: 2:09
>   PTGui Pro 7 GUI (using PTGui warper, Lanczos interpolator): 3:22
>   PTGui Pro 7 GUI (using PTGui warper, Lanczos interpolator, fast
> transform): 1:17

These 2 machines are very similar to my XP run in Parallels  which is 2.16mhz
The MacOS has to use some of that.

This is my speeds.
>   PTGui Pro 7 GUI : 2:20
>   PTGui Pro 7 GUI (using PTGui warper, Lanczos interpolator): 3.20
>   PTGui Pro 7 GUI (using PTGui warper, Lanczos interpolator, fast
> transform): 2.05

are you sure about the last numbers using fast transform.
It does not make sense that your is 1 min faster only in that option while the 2 others are
the same.
I updated my pano12.dll to the faster version but that does not make any differense at all.

Hans