Sender:Pat Swovelin
Date/Time:2007-Aug-03 21:09:58
Subject:Re: Processor Speedtest

PanoTools NG: Re: Processor Speedtest Pat Swovelin 2007-Aug-03 21:09:58
On 8/3/2007 1:44 AM, Bernhard Vogl rambled on about ...:
> Some further numbers to add:
> Talking about workflow: I re-tested using the internal PTGui stitcher as
> this is the one i mostly use with PTGui.
> As you can see, there are other more important factors than hardware to
> speed up rendering ;-)

Exactly but this test wasn't to see how fast anyone can stitch a
project, rather it was to compare the stitching time across platforms
and hardware doing it the same on each system.

> So, here are the updated timings for the previously mentioned machines:
>
> First System (HP microtower):
> PTGui Pro 7 Batch Render: 2:24
> PTGui Pro 7 GUI: 2:24
> PTGui Pro 7 GUI (using PTGui warper, Lanczos interpolator): 2:53
> PTGui Pro 7 GUI (using PTGui warper, Lanczos interpolator, fast
> transform): 1:02
>
> Second System (Acer laptop):
>
> PTGui Pro 7 Batch Render: 2:16
> PTGui Pro 7 GUI: 2:09
> PTGui Pro 7 GUI (using PTGui warper, Lanczos interpolator): 3:22
> PTGui Pro 7 GUI (using PTGui warper, Lanczos interpolator, fast
> transform): 1:17
>
> ...and another computer to add to the list. That's an older one (approx
> 3 yrs), mostly used for playing games etc.:
>
> 3rd System:
>
> PTGui Pro 7 GUI: 2:24
> PTGui Pro 7 Batch Render: 2:24
> PTGui Pro 7 GUI (using PTGui warper, Lanczos interpolator): 3:35
> PTGui Pro 7 GUI (using PTGui warper, Lanczos interpolator, fast
> transform): 1:41
>
> Betriebssystemname Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
> Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
> Betriebssystemhersteller Microsoft Corporation
> Systemhersteller HP
> Systemmodell MS-7027
> Systemtyp X86-basierter PC
> Prozessor x86 Family 6 Model 10 Stepping 0 AuthenticAMD ~2191 Mhz
> BIOS-Version/-Datum Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG, 12.07.2004
> Gesamter realer Speicher 1.024,00 MB
> Verf?rer realer Speicher 683,35 MB
> Gesamter virtueller Speicher 2,00 GB
> Verf?rer virtueller Speicher 1,96 GB
> Gr?der Auslagerungsdatei 2,40 GB
>
> HDD: 7000 RPM IDE Harddrive
Are you sure this RPM (and the speed on the Acer notebook) is correct?
My understanding is that HDs rotate at 5,400 and 7,200 RPM (unless
you've got one of the cool-ass 10,000 models).

Pat Swovelin
Cool Guy @ Large