Sender:Dan Slater
Date/Time:2001-Jun-04 23:04:29
Subject:RE: Site closed, and changes

proj-imim: RE: Site closed, and changes Dan Slater 2001-Jun-04 23:04:29
> > Anyway, this is no longer possible after removing 180 degree
> > processing from the program, so even this remote danger
> > will no longer exist.
>
> And why will you remove it although? PhotoVista have done it before, and now
> you, too? Why do everyone draw in the tail so fast and leave the users
> alone? I don't understand it.
>
> Thorsten Witzek

I wonder if IPIX will go after Photoshop next? I used to do all of my full
sphere (Spherecam) fisheye image processing using the standard Photoshop polar
to rectangular filter before Helmut's excellent  Panorama Tools program became
available.

Also there are Earth mapping (cartography) programs on the internet (goggle
search: "cartography software" or "mapping software" for example) that use
identical mathematical transformations and will accept bitmap images (aerial and
space photos and graphics) so maybe they will be outlawed too? Never mind that
these equations and transformations have been know for centuries! Maybe it is
legal to process an image of the Earth through these cartography programs but
not an image of anything else. Maybe travel maps will now require IPIX "click"
fees as these are quasi rectilinear views extracted from a spherical surface.
What about the moving map displays in airplanes, and now even cars with GPS
receivers?

Dan Slater