Sender:van der Lande JP
Date/Time:2001-Jun-05 15:52:00
Subject:RE: Site closed, and changes

proj-imim: RE: Site closed, and changes van der Lande JP 2001-Jun-05 15:52:00
Hi Thorsten

The _fix_ proposed by Helmut would still allow us to use 3 full-framed
fisheye (160 degree)images to produce 360*180. If this can get the bad guys
off our back, it sounds like good news.

This might not provide much consolation for those among us that prefered
producing panos with 2 frames. Nevertheless, let's consider the improved
image quality _bonus_ obtained by the 3 frames method.

Not to mention the promised new features in Helmut's future work:  "Inside
PTEditor (next version) you can interactively adjust yaw/pitch/roll/hfov of
each source image, ie all geometry related parameters. I will probably also
implement a brightness/contrast dial. All other editing stuff should be done
in Photoshop (edit and reload in PTEditor. Seam positions are controlled via
alpha mask, which may also be edited in parallel in any graphics program.".
I can't wait to see that, eventhought I appreciate that with the latest
development on the patent front, this great work will be delayed somewhat.

I profit of this occasion to thank you, as well as all the other listers,
for the great tips, advices and help provided through the list.

Best regards,

JP