Sender:Willy Kaemena
Date/Time:2009-Jan-07 11:51:56
Subject:Re: new 360cities pano interface, was Re: Opera is annoying was: Re: "From a tower, without the tower"

PanoTools NG: Re: new 360cities pano interface, was Re: Opera is annoying was: Re: "From a tower, without the tower" Willy Kaemena 2009-Jan-07 11:51:56
In order to support Hans...  I am at the moment on my old 5 years old
G4 Mac  and yes  the panos are "running" very slow.  On any new
Computer  it is  smooth and an enjoyable experience.

Willy

On Jan 7, 2009, at 11:14, Jeffrey Martin wrote:

> >Regarding
> Opera - Thanks for everyone's comments.We'll get the site running
> smoothly
> in opera. Give us a few days please :)I agree, my complaints were made
> rather out of ignorance, I realize that the user base of Opera might
> be
> small but should not be dismissed, I stand corrected. I will try Opera
> (again) myself, and be sure that our site works just fine on it.
> Thanks
> Bjorn for starting this conversation, and bringing me around.
>
> Hans, thanks for your critique ;-)
>
> I haven't had any experience with FF or Safari freezing, or taking
> anything
> but a few seconds to load any page or any pano. We have tested it
> thoroughly
> across browsers and platforms (opera excluded, hahaha). So I can't
> really
> take your comment seriously unless you can give me more information,
> if you
> can tell me any more (off list) I'd really appreciate it.
>
> As for the layout - sorry but the VR world has to move past the
> "single
> fullscreen image with no options" of 5 years ago. (and if you still
> want
> that, we have a button for that: controls on/off) While this new pano
> layout might not be perfect, yours is the first really negative
> review of
> our new pano layout - most people I've shown found it really
> exciting in
> fact.
>
> Again, if you have any SUGGESTIONS on how we can improve it, I'm all
> ears
> ;-) Perhaps hotspots should be turned off by default, for example?
> There are
> other minor changes that I've noted, that I would like to make, I
> have them
> on a list, but we are very busy and can't do everything at once ;))
> The
> google map? we didn't have it for a while, and it's one thing I
> missed. the
> image is great to see, but knowing WHERE it is, well, that's great
> to have.
> Again, if you don't want to see it, turn it off :)
>
> thanks everybody,
> Jeffrey

Willy Kaemena
(0049) 0177 327 2935